Cancelled to further notice – Pilates
November 14, 2022 @ 6:15 pm - 7:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:15 pm on Monday, repeating indefinitely
An event every week that begins at 7:30 pm on Monday, repeating indefinitely
How I first got into Pilates
My Pilates journey began in the late 1990’s when I was employed as Aerobics Co-ordinator/Fitness Instructor at a local private leisure club. Both instructors left, leaving a gap in the timetable. Having experienced the benefit of Pilates and knowing that instructors were like gold dust, I decided to train and become qualified.
After qualifying I met Tanya and she encouraged me to set up my own classes in Warrington area (in 2002) teaching Pilates matwork Classes in small groups. Shortly afterwards I joined her at the Studio teaching matwork and then reformer classes.
Why I love Pilates
Because I meet so many people from various backgrounds with a diverse range of problems such as pre/post-surgery, or clients who are super fit or unfit, others who are pre/post natal or just interested in the Pilate’s technique and eager to learn.
Sharing my passion and watching clients achieve and develop on a daily basis gives me a buzz. The rewards when clients walk in with pain and leave without, is just magic. Even more exciting is when they avoided surgery due to Pilates – smiles all round when that takes place and it always great to hear when after an evening session client’s say they have had the best night’s sleep.
Some client’s grasp the mind/body concept quickly, for others, it is a longer journey. From gardening, loading your shopping trolley, hiking up a mountain to living life to the full, Pilates makes everything so much easier.
Qualifications, length and depth of experience in Pilates
I currently teach group matwork classes using small equipment (rollers, fitness circles, light weights, flex-bands and chi balls) in the Warrington area and you can find me at the Studio a couple of mornings and one evening teaching and training mat, reformers, stability ball, arc barrel and more.
In 1982 a friend introduced me to exercise to music when my youngest son was 11 weeks old. I became hooked with matching head band and leg warmers – Jane Fonda had no chance! I started leading groups for the local authority where there was no health screening or first aid, and no qualifications were required, just passion and a loud voice. Realising the potential harm which could be incurred, in 1985 I decided to qualify as an Aerobics Fitness Instructor and then continued to train and develop my career in fitness, finally specialising in Pilates.
- 2012 STOTT PILATES Advanced Matwork
- 2011 STOTT PILATES Matwork and Reformer
- 2008 YMCA Level 3 Exercise Fitness – Mat Pilates and Modern Pilates Back Care
- 2002 Modern Pilates Advanced Matwork Instructor/Personal Trainer
- 2001 Pilates Institute
- 1998 Speedo Aquatic Fitness
- 1996 Pulse Group Cycling and Nutrition and Weight Management
- 1995 Pre/Post natal fitness programme design
- 1994 Advance Aerobics Instructor Module
- 1992 PulseStar Exercise Leaders Certificate (GYM)
- 1988 R.S.A Exercise to music
- 1986 N.A.B.B.A Weight Training Course
- 1985 A.F.T.A. Diploma in Fitness and Aerobics
- Stability Ball, Chi Ball, Freestyle Yoga, Step, Older Adult and more
Something you may not know about me
- I’m afraid of heights but making progress with a little help from my friends.
- Passionate about cooking and feeding family and friends.
- Enjoy reading crime/thrillers.
- Love being in the open air and enjoy the sunshine and holidays by the sea.
- One day would like to retire in Portugal.
- HATE bread and butter pudding.
Land Line: 01925 638269